Monday, August 8, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the adventures

Turns out I had another blog entry in me and it is once again for the sake of procrastination on our final two papers due this week.  The trip home was largely uneventful and full of sad goodbyes so there’s not much to say there.  It’s been a bit weird being home and not in the Balkans and especially not with my little Balkans family.  Even as we were landing, as excited as we were to be almost home, it still didn’t feel quite real.  Aside from the goodbyes, it could have been just another day on the trip – breakfast in the morning, load the bus, off to the next destination – except that now everyone is scattered across Europe and the East Coast.  I just wanted to thank everyone involved for an amazing adventure.  It’s an experience I’ll never forget and this is in no small way thanks to the people involved on all levels, speakers, professors, fellow students, and everyone in between.  So thanks and I’ll hopefully see you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment