Monday, September 26, 2011

London: The Next Adventure

Written on the 23rd, on the plane:


Another semester, another  adventure.  This semester takes us, well me, to London, England.  I'll be doing a part time internship and studying at LSE and for this adventure I've decided to resurrect this blog, at least for the time being.  I'm once again blogging when I should be doing something else.  That something else right now would be sleeping.  This is a trip that crept up on me for sure.  It seemed so far away in the beginning of September, probably because there was so much else to do.   There was the GRE to study for and take and a Valks season to kick off, then there were grad schools and old friends to visit, all the while trying to squeeze in as much time with friends, family, and my pup before heading out.  Then, all the sudden, there was only a few days to go.  On the 23rd I piled in the car with the parents and my couple bags (few enough I can carry them all, enough that I look like a pack mule) and drove up Rt. 3, crawled down 93, and wound our way to Logan.  It took longer than expected but I managed to get through security with enough time.  A pre-departure snack provided the last Dunkins I'll see in a while and then, we were off.  Currently, I'm about 2.5-3 hours into the flight and really should be sleeping - it is a red-eye after all- but since I'm having trouble I figured I'd updated you guys back home real quick.   Now off to nap! hopefully....

No comments:

Post a Comment